viernes, 15 de noviembre de 2013

Survey with Yra Reybel on Amazonitas!

My fabulous Yra has shared the survey they conducted on Amazonitas on her social media, just like other authors of the new era. Yra has been very active lately promoting her books internationally through Amazon, both on Kindle and Createspace. However, she hasn't neglected her work with Black Cherry, which still holds the exclusivity of her book "War's Toys," to which fans are fervently attached. Hopefully, we'll soon see her other works on Amazon as well. Below is the survey:







1. **HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THE IDEA OF WRITING YOUR BOOK?**
   The first book I wrote for publication, "Tú eres mi Vanilla," was a personal challenge I set for myself. I told myself: If I can finish this book, I can apply it to my life and finish the things I start. At that time, I was going through a process of self-discovery.

2. **WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THAT TITLE? WERE THERE OTHER ALTERNATIVES?**
   That title is very special because it's related to a song that fascinates me. At that time, the song filled me with inspiration, and its energy was very powerful. I wanted to overflow that muse by interpreting it in something different since I'm a singer, and creating another song didn't convince me. That's how the idea of making it a book came about.

3. **HOW LONG AGO DID YOU PUBLISH IT?**
   It's been a while; it officially came out in 2004 in my country, internationally only from this year, 2013, through Amazon.

4. **WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THAT FORMAT: (PAPER - DIGITAL - FREE DIGITAL)?**
   The first edition was in paper; at that time, I didn't even dream of anything digital. For the publication on Amazon, I was explicitly looking for where to publish it digitally. Still, the second edition is also in paper on Createspace.

**5. DO YOU THINK THAT TO PROMOTE YOUR BOOK, IT IS NECESSARY TO OFFER A FREE EXCERPT OR TO HAVE OFFERED ANOTHER BOOK FOR FREE? WHY?**

The techniques in advertising are countless, and one should not skimp on resources. Of course, I consider it important to give the reader a preview of what to expect when buying a book. If you have several books to offer, providing one for free or putting them on promotion is even better. This way, that free book can attract the reader to purchase others, and the reader might even recommend you to others.
  
6. **DO YOU THINK THE PRICE IS AN IMPORTANT FACTOR IN TERMS OF GETTING MORE OR LESS READERS? WHY?**

   It influences quite a bit, of course. A reader who is just passing by and sees your book out of curiosity, at a minimal price, will be tempted to buy it just not to miss that opportunity. It's also important to consider that if you have already made a name for yourself, your reputation will precede you.

7. **DO YOU PROFESSIONALLY DEVOTE YOURSELF TO LITERATURE? IN OTHER WORDS, DO YOU MAKE A LIVING FROM IT?**

   I don't dedicate 100% of my time solely to literature; I also make music, I'm an artist and graphic designer, etc. I like always to be doing some form of art and try to distribute my time among each thing. But I also don't think that by dedicating full time to it, one could say something like: "Making a living from it."

8. **IS YOUR GOAL TO TEACH, ENTERTAIN, OR DISTRACT?**

   Every work, from my point of view, should have a bit of each. If a book doesn't have these characteristics, it would certainly be incomplete.

9. **IN THIS PARTICULAR BOOK, DO YOU HAVE ANY MAIN OBJECTIVE?**

   I am a person who hates discrimination in every sense of the word. My book "Tú eres mi Vanilla" emerged with the objective of trying to raise awareness indirectly in the reader, in a way that they would feel identified with the characters, without having to tell the typical pitiful story that other writers often do.

10. **WHY DO YOU WRITE BOOKS?**

   I love literature; reading excites me, and I would like to convey that same emotion to others, inspiring them through my own stories.

11. **DO YOU SIGN WITH YOUR NAME, OR DO YOU USE A PSEUDONYM?**

   I use a pseudonym, the same one I use for my other artistic activities. I believe that gives me a bit of privacy, something that is very important to me.

12. **COULD YOU PROVIDE YOUR AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE AND SOME CONTACT SITES ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SUCH AS: FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ETC.?**


https://amazon.com/author/yrareybel
https://www.facebook.com/ReybelYra
https://twitter.com/yrareybel
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109009871747240902814/posts

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario